WELCOME TO SOMERSET MIDDLE SCHOOL
Scott Ferreira, Principal
John Fountain, Vice Principal
Somerset Middle School
1037 Floyd Ave
Modesto, Ca 95350
Phone: 209-574-5300 Fax: 209-529-1110
Click below to follow us on Social Media:
Somerset Middle School Student Materials and Device Check Out
Dear Somerset Parents & Guardians,
Sylvan Union School District will be reopened using a Distance Learning Model for the 2020/2021 school year. Sylvan will continue to meet the call for continued excellence in education and we are proud to partner with families in providing Sylvan SeLECT (Student eLearning- Experiences Connected through Technology).
Please visit your AERIES Parent Portal prior to your school site visit. It is imperative that your Aeries Student Data Confirmation is complete in order to assist with material pick-up and view your assigned teacher when it is released Tuesday evening. It is recommended that you complete the Free/Reduced Meal Applications/School Benefit Forms through your AERIES Parent Portal using the Titan link. If you did not have an opportunity to complete the form please bring a writing utensil in order to complete the form in the drive thru and drop off at Station 5.
In order to have a successful year, we need to distribute materials to our students. The following are the dates and times for the Student Check-Out. Because there are over 1,000 Tiger families, we ask that you follow the times listed below, so as not to cause a traffic jam. We will not be able to accommodate multiple grade levels (ex. 8th grade and 6th grade) on the same day because of the organization of student items and materials.
In adhering to the safety regulations due to COVID-19, we will distribute student materials through a drive-thru.
- We ask that all families stay in their car.
- Somerset staff will approach to deliver and accept all necessary items.
- Families will make their way through different stations in the drive-thru.
- Please be patient and courteous as we will have many essential workers trying their best to get each family through in a timely manner.
- If you are unable to make your scheduled time please contact the office to schedule a pick-up time.
Items to be picked up:
- AC Adapters
- Technology Checklist and Login Information
- Student Supplies
- Lunch Forms
- Forms can be completed online through the Aeries Parent Portal using the Titan link
- Course Curriculum
- Elective Curriculum
Items to be completed prior to distribution day:
- Proof of immunizations (7th grade only)
- Schedules, curriculum and devices will not be distributed if immunization requirements are not met
- Annual Aeries Student Data Confirmation
Attached is a map of the “DRIVE THRU” pick-up/drop-off line. You are asked to enter from Rumble Road. Please pull to the side of the road as you wait to enter the school site, so we do not cause a traffic jam.
- Station 1: Class schedules,
- Station 2 Chromebook & charger, Science, Social Science, and instructional materials
- Station 3: Math Honors/Reg.
- Station 4: Read 180
- Station 5: Math 180
Students will arrive on their time according to their first initial of their last name.